- Online reading (lecture notes)
- Toll Free phone and email access to Live Faculty
- Textbook reading assignments
- Online quizzes and exams
- Streaming video, animations, simulations, web presentations
- Related Competency check-off sheets
HVAC Apprentice Related Training Program
Get hands-on training from professionals! An Apprenticeship program can help provide the experience you need to apply your specific training and to advance quickly into your HVAC career – learn while you earn!
We offer customized training and education designed specifically to meet the needs of your work force – training focused on the very systems they work on every day!
This apprenticeship related training program is an entirely online and convenient quality education. HVACRedu.net is a US Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship Training Provider. Our online courses align with the US Department of Labor Apprenticeship Guidelines. HVACRedu.net is accredited by HVAC Excellence and recognized by NATE and various State licensing agencies for Continuing Education credit to maintain licenses and certifications.
This online program is the related training/educational component of registered apprenticeship programs. Many employers find it a valuable structured way to provide on-the-job training to new to the industry employees through this 4-year workforce development program.
Employers that need a customized apprenticeship program to meet specific system types are invited to contact us for a curriculum aligned to their primary HVACR workplace requirements.
All courses are written and supported by qualified industry experts. Courses are open entry: open exit, available 24/7/365 so students may begin the program at any time. Students have 8 months from the date of enrollment to access their online program and complete the year’s curriculum, but they may complete in less time without restriction. Each learner can access their course when it fits into their own schedule. Ideal study is devoting 6 hours (two modules) of study per week. This ensures course completion during the enrollment period. We are happy to help registering your apprenticeship program with our online related training in your state, please contact us. Although many e-books are included in the courses, please check out the REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS at the end of the Master Catalog. The Master Catalog has detailed descriptions for every course offered by HVACRedu.net.
Apprentices are enrolled for an 8-month period to complete the year’s program. We provide an initial live program orientation, scheduled with Live Faculty, and a campus navigation video to help students succeed. Apprentices can view only the first topic module at a time and open the next module by earning a minimum score of 70% on each module exam. An overall averaged grade of 70% is required to successfully pass the annual year program and receive a certificate of completion. Try to complete 2 modules each week. That will keep you on track to complete by the recommended schedule. You should refer to the Program Student Handbook for specifics.
This program qualifies for pay-as-you-go in-house financing when purchased through the store.
Online Courses Include
Apprenticeship Program Curriculum
Program Learning Objectives for Year 1 (155 total hours)
- Basic Construction Math (12 hrs)
- Basic Hand and Power Tools (6 hrs)
- Intro to Applied Science (21 hrs)
- Energy Sources (18 hrs)
- Basic Sheet Metal (21 hrs)
- Building Systems (6 hrs)
- Employability Skills (9 hrs)
- Copper Works (6 hrs)
- Refrigeration Cycle I (18 hrs)
- EPA 608 Prep (8 hrs)
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety (30 hrs)
Program Learning Objectives for Year 2 (164 total hours)
- Everything About Belts (3 hrs)
- Intro to Blueprints (12 hrs)
- Construction Technology (20 hrs)
- Customer Service (15 hrs)
- Indoor Air Quality Basics (18 hrs)
- Refrigeration Cycle II (18 hours)
- Refrigeration Cycle Service (9 hrs)
- Electrical DC I (18 hrs)
- Electrical AC II (18 hrs)
- Air Properties & Measurement (18 hrs)
- Introduction to Mini Splits (15 Hours)
Program Learning Objectives for Year 3 (186 total hours)
- Electrical Common Components (18 hrs)
- Electrical Motors (21 hrs)
- Heat Loads – Manual J (18 hrs)
- R-410A Refrigerant Technology (18 hrs)
- Air Distribution – Manual D (18 hrs)
- Gas Heat I (18 hrs)
- Fuel Gas Pipe Sizing (12 hrs)
- Electric Heat (15 hrs)
- Heat Pumps (21 hrs)
- Intro to Cooling System Troubleshooting (18 hrs)
- High Efficiency Ventilation (9 hrs)
Program Learning Objectives for Year 4 (153 total hours)
- Fuel Gas Venting Systems (16 hrs)
- Code IFGC (20 hrs)
- Hydronics I (18 hrs)
- Advanced Troubleshooting (21 hrs)
- Commercial Boiler Fundamentals (6 hrs)
- High Efficiency Commercial Boilers (6 hrs)
- Air Handlers & Roof Top Units (6 hrs)
- Building Automation Systems I (18 hrs)
- High Efficiency HVAC (12 hrs)
- Central Chillers (6 hrs)
- Cooling Towers (6 hrs)
- Operations Management (18 hrs)
Program Learning Objectives for Year 3
The apprentice will demonstrate new knowledge in the subjects of: Electrical Common Components, Electrical Motors, Heat Loads – Manual J, R-410A Refrigerant Technology, Air Distribution – Manual D, Gas Heat I, Fuel Gas Pipe Sizing, Electric Heat, Heat Pumps, Intro to Cooling System Troubleshooting, and High Efficiency Ventilation; by earning an overall average score of 70% or higher in the combined year’s curriculum.
Questions? Call 888-655-4822 to speak to a Registration Advisor.