HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace burner nozzle
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Burner nozzle must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Nozzle must be sized for correct firing rate with fuel oil used. Burner must ignite and operate according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of fuel oil used, burner firing rate and correct nozzle for application.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Turn off fuel supply to system and let furnace cool.
- Disconnect oil to nozzle and remove nozzle tube and electrode assembly.
- Drain oil into drip pan.
- Remove old nozzle and install new one according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Reinstall nozzle tube and electrode assembly and connect oil supply and electrical wiring.
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Turn on oil supply and bleed air from lines.
- Fire furnace, check operation and make necessary adjustments.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.