Commercial HVAC Air-Side Economizer
Learn how to install, provison and professionally maintain Air-Side economizers for Roof Top Units (RTU)
(Price and details below)
HVAC Economizer systems are mostly misunderstood, yet remain an essential component of successful energy efficiency and air comfort quality strategies in commercial building applications.
The goal of this course is to provide the working field technician with an understanding of the importance of correctly installed and operating economizers, what they are, how they work, and how the service technician can maintain, troubleshoot, and ensure the correct operation of these systems.
This course is applicable to Title 24 in the State of California and adheres to the ACCA/ASHRAE Standard 180 Quality Maintenance protocols.
You need a strong working knowledge of basic HVACR fundamentals prior to enrollment into this advanced course.
This Economizers ADEC / DCV course is NATE recognized for 24 hours of continuing education (CE Hours).
The online program is a CTE (Career Technical Education) model. Student support is provided by key student support groups, Student Support Services and Faculty Instructors.
For the Employer (if applicable to your situation)
- Employer notification of less than satisfactory performance
- Reporting to employer on student progress
For the Student
- Registration into each section in the selected sequence
- Issuance of Certificate of Completion upon successfully passing each section
- Online Faculty- mentoring and technical topic assistance directly to the student
- Business hour communications via email, chat, and phone
The online program model is called an ALN (Asynchronous Learning Network). The study is self-directed an ONLINE, done on your schedule at your time and place but must be diligently pursued to complete each course. The program is self-directed online with a 60-day enrollment per course. Our students can request their course to be placed on hold for up to 6-months. The best way of getting the look and feel of the program is to schedule a live demonstration with our student registrar team.
What's Covered in the Program
186 - Commercial Economizer
- Introduction to Economizers
- Applied Economizers
- Air Properties and Psychrometrics
- Applied Psychrometrics
- Economizer Direct Digital Controls (DDC) Operations – Honeywell
- Economizer Operations – Trane
- Belimo – ZIP Economizer
- Demand Control Ventilation (DCV)
Full Price: $349.00