HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install flexible vibration absorber in refrigerant line
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Vibration absorber must be located and installed according to job specifications. It must limit vibration transmission as specified in performance criteria. Installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine size of tubing and select vibration absorber of specified size and length for application.
- Determine type of connection to use.
- Verify that vibration absorber is rated for operating pressures.
- Mount vibration isolator using selected connection.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.
- Test for leaks when refrigerant circuit has been completed, and make required repairs.