HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Determining job specifications.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Determine specifications for a system that will meet interior requirements for environmental control economically and dependably.
- Collect information as directed:
- Physical data (surface area, construction details, prevailing winds, etc.).
- Occupancy data (number of occupants and activities, etc.).
- Heat added to spaces by lighting.
- Heat added to spaces by appliances and equipment, etc.
- Calculate space heating loads including:
- Heat transfer. coefficients.
- Equipment heat additions.
- Occupancy loads.
- Document information and calculations.