HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: DETERMINING SPACE AND LOAD REQUIREMENTS
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Estimate actual expected heating and cooling loads for designated spaces as accurately as possible following approved procedures.
- Calculate heating, cooling, humidification and air quality requirements as directed:
- Take measurements to determine surface area to be used in heat transfer calculations.
- Determine number of zones involved and occupancy of each zone.
- Determine type of activities performed in zones.
- Gather information on heat emissions of appliances and equipment in zones.
- Determine wattage of lighting in zones.
- Collect information about construction details
- Type of wall construction
- Type of windows
- Fit of windows and doors
- Other pertinent information as directed.
- Document information and make sketches as directed.