HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install tubing or pipe clamps and supports
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Clamps and supports must be installed securely and must be spaced to hold pipe and tubing with specified pitch without sagging between clamps and supports. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Select clamps and supports recommended for application.
- Determine size of tubing or pipe and correct spacing for supports.
- Make required structural modifications and/or provide necessary brackets for mounting surface.
- Clamp pipe or tubing to mounting surface according to specifications for pitch, etc.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.