HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install water supply to humidifier.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Water supply pipe or line must be installed to humidifier according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. The line size must provide adequate water supply for humidifier without leaks. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine best connection point to water supply.
- Determine size and routing for water line.
- Select type of line and connection most suitable for application.
- Install connection on existing water supply line or pipe with shut-off valve.
- Install line between shut-off valve and humidifier.
- Test line for leaks.
- Retighten fittings or remake joints if line leaks.
- Install insulation if required.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.