HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Replace four-way reversing valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Four-way reversing valve must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Valve must function as specified by equipment manufacturer and installation must not leak. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job order.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine type of connection required and correct location.
- Verify that valve is specified size and type and has correct voltage rating for application.
- Connect valve according to manufacturer’s specifications. (Note: Disassembly and reassembly may be required with soldered connection. Use dry nitrogen in pipes while silver brazing. Do not direct heat on main body when soldering. Use heat-trap paste if additional protection is required).
- Make electrical connections.
- Test connections for leaks.
- Remake connection if it leaks.
- Test valve for correct operation.
- Place system in operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.