HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Measure voltage in electrical circuit.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Malfunctions in electrical system must be identified and required repairs determined. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate specified circuit and correct test points using wiring diagrams.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Set up test meter and calibrate according to instruction manual.
- Turn on power to equipment, connect meter, start equipment if required, and determine voltage at specified test points.
- Record findings.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment, and leave work site clean.