HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Measure amperage in electrical circuit.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Amperage must be correctly measured in specified circuit. Test device must be calibrated, connected and operated according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and wiring diagrams.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate specified circuit and correct test points using wiring diagrams.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Set up, calibrate and connect test meter according to instruction manual.
- Turn on power, start equipment and determine amperage.
- Turn power off, remove meter and reconnect wiring if required.
- Record findings.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.
work site clean.