HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK : Determine Thermostat Location.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Thermostat must be located to provide accurate measurement of average zone temperature. Thermostat must not be placed in drafty location or in location near other conditions that may affect performance.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications for installation of thermostat.
- Locate thermostat as follows:
- Within zone to be controlled near return air grill if possible.
- On solid interior wall or partition.
- Away from doors, windows, drafts and direct sunlight.
- In level position approximately 60-66 in. from floor.
- Document location and prepare sketch.