HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Measure resistance in electrical circuit
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Resistance must be correctly measured in specified circuit. Test device must be calibrated, connected and operated according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate specified circuit and correct test points using wiring diagrams.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Set up, calibrate and connect meter according to instruction manual.
- Measure resistance and record findings.
- Disconnect meter and reconnect circuit.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment, and leftover materials and leave work site clean.