HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Test electrical circuit for continuity.
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Circuit path existence between specified points must be determined. Test device must be connected and operated according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate specified circuit and correct test points using wiring diagrams.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s) and isolate circuit if applicable.
- Connect continuity tester at specified test points and check continuity.
- Record findings.
- Remove tester, reconnect wiring and replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.