HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Measure capacitance of capacitor
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Capacitance must be determined. Test equipment must be calibrated, connected, and operated according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and wiring diagrams.
- Collect tools and equipment.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s) and locate capacitor.
- Disconnect and discharge capacitor from circuit.
- Calibrate and connect analyzer according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Read capacitance of capacitor and record findings.
- Discharge capacitor and disconnect analyzer.
- Reconnect capacitor in circuit.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.