HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Reverse rotation of single-phase motor
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Motor shaft rotation must be correct. Connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Motor must run at specified RPM. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and wiring diagrams.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate motor and disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove motor terminal access plate.
- Change leads according to motor wiring diagram.
- Replace motor access plate.
- Start motor and check direction of rotation and amperage.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.