HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK : Determine humidistat location
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidistat must be located to provide accurate measure of average zone humidity. Humidistat must not be placed in drafty location or in location near other conditions that may affect performance.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications for installation of humidistat.
- Locate humidistat as follows:
- Within zone to be controlled near return air grill if possible.
- On an interior wall or partition.
- Away from doors, windows and drafts.
- In level position approximately 60-66 in. from floor adjacent to thermostat.