HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install equipment service panel
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Equipment service panel must be installed according to job specifications, manufacturer’s specifications, and electrical codes. Panel must be specified type for intended service, and it must have space for required main circuit breaker and branch circuit breakers. Panel must provide specified voltage and phases to equipment. Code-approved ground must be installed. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Determine required voltage, number of phases, main breaker size and space required for branch circuit breakers.
- Determine installation location and select correct type of enclosure.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare structure for panel installation according to code requirements and job specifications.
- Mount panel with all clearances according to code requirements.
- Install main service breaker if necessary.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Request inspection by local code representative.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.