HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install circuit breaker in service panel
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Circuit breaker must be installed according to job specifications, manufacturer’s specifications and codes. Circuit breaker must be secure in panel with no exposed wiring and must be correctly sized for amperage requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Inspect service panel and determine type of breaker required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power from panel and disconnect and remove old circuit breaker if applicable.
- Select correct circuit breaker for application, insert in panel and connect wiring according to manufacturer’s instructions and codes. (Note: Ensure ground is installed and tested.)
- Reconnect electrical power.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment, and leftover materials and leave work site clean.