HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install electrical conduit
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Electrical conduit must be installed according to job specifications and codes. Conduit must be correctly sized for specified type, size and quantity of wiring to be installed. All clamps and fittings must meet code requirements. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications and codes.
- Determine size, quantity and type of wiring to be installed in conduit and conduit routing.
- Determine correct size and type of conduit for application.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety & protective equipment & apparel.
- Prepare conduit sections and select fittings according to electrical codes. (Note: All offsets and bends must adhere to code specifications.)
- Assemble conduit run and secure conduit along specified routing with approved conduit clamps. (Note: Insert pull string in conduit as directed as sections are assembled.)
- Make final inspection of work.
- Request inspection by local code representative.
- Remove safety & protective equipment & apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.