HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install wiring in conduit
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Wiring must be installed in conduit according to job specifications and codes. Wire must not be damaged in installation and must be correctly routed through fittings. Required excess wire for field connections must be left at each end. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications and codes.
- Determine wiring required in conduit.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Feed fish tape or pull rope through conduit. (Note: If conduit has no pull string in place, blow pull string through.)
- Lay wiring out straight and gather to single loose bundle.
- Pull wires through conduit, adding wire lubricant as necessary to ease passage.
- Cut wires from pull rope and spools and leave excess wires for connections.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Request inspection by local code representative.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.