HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install Romex cable
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Wiring must be installed in conduit according to job specifications and codes. Wire must not be damaged in installation and must be correctly routed through fittings. Required excess wire for field connections must be left at each end. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications and codes.
- Determine size and routing for cable.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare cable openings along routing according to code requirements.
- Feed cable through openings along routing to complete run.
- Secure cable with staples and clamps.
- Install guard strips and protector plates as required by codes.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Request inspection by local code representative.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.