HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install low-voltage cable
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Low-voltage cable must be installed according to job specifications and codes. Cable must be UL listed and must be routed in protected area and secured with staples at code-specified intervals. Applicable safety procedures must be followed
- Review job specifications and codes.
- Determine size and routing for cable.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Prepare cable openings along routing.
- Feed cable through openings along routing to complete run and secure with staples.
- Install guard strips and protector plates as required by codes.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Request inspection by local code representative.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.