HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Connect electrical power to equipment
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Equipment must be connected to electrical power according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. All connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity established. Equipment must have code-approved ground. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and wiring diagrams, job specifications and codes.
- Determine voltage and amperage required and type of connection to be made.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that wiring from service panel is correct size according to specifications and that correct voltage is available.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Connect wiring according to manufacturer’s wiring diagrams and specifications.
- Install and test equipment ground.
- Test continuity of connections.
- Turn on power and verify that correct voltage is available.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.