HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Connect humidifier
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Humidifier must be connected according to manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes. Connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Equipment must have code-approved ground. Equipment must operate according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications, job specifications and codes.
- Determine voltage and amperage requirements from manufacturer’s data.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that mechanical installation of humidifier is correct.
- Verify that wiring from service panel is correct size and that correct voltage is available.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Connect wiring to humidifier according to manufacturer’s diagrams and specifications.
- Install code-approved ground.
- Turn on power and place equipment in operation.
- Verify that humidifier performs according to specifications.
- Verify operation of air-flow switch if applicable.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Make final inspection of work.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.