HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install room thermostat or humidistat
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Thermostat or humidistat must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Thermostat or humidistat must be wired with correct voltage and wire size, connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Thermostat or humidistat must control system as specified. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Determine thermostat or humidistat location, voltage requirements and wire size.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine if control wiring is correct size and if correct voltage is available.
- Mount and level sub-base and connect wiring according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Mount thermostat or humidistat on sub-base.
- Calibrate thermostat or humidistat, set thermostat heat anticipator and verify that control system operates according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Install cover on thermostat or humidistat.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.