HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Install outdoor, duct-mounted or equipment-mounted thermostat
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Thermostat must be located and installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications. Thermostat must be wired with correct voltage and wire size, connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Thermostat must control system according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Determine thermostat location, how it is to be mounted and voltage and wire size required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Determine if control wiring is correct size and if correct voltage is available.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Prepare thermostat mounting and mount thermostat and connect wiring according to manufacturer’s specifications. (NOTE: On thermostat with capillary tube, tube must not be kinked and must be protected from damage).
- Calibrate thermostat.
- Verify that control system operates correctly.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot & make required adjustments & repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.