HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Connect electronic filter
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Electronic filter must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications and codes. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Current voltage must be available and equipment must operate according to specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review equipment specifications and codes.
- Determine voltage and current requirements for equipment.
- Verify that available wiring is correct size and that correct voltage is available.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to wires to be connected.
- Make electrical power connections to filter power unit and element according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Make control connections to filter power unit according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install and test equipment ground.
- Reconnect power to equipment and verify that correct voltage is available.
- Start equipment and check for correct operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.