HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Connect Gas Valve
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Gas valve must be connected according to manufacturer’s specifications. Connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. All devices on valve must be connected to correct circuit with specified voltage. Valve must respond to heating thermostat and to all connected safety devices according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of valve, features to be connected and voltages.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Connect valve according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Inspect all connections.
- Reconnect electrical power and verify that voltage is correct and that valve responds to thermostat and connected safety devices.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave system in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.