HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install glow-coil assembly
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Glow-coil assembly must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Assembly must be securely mounted and correctly positioned relative to pilot burner. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Coil must relight pilot flame should failure occur. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of flow-coil assembly and voltage required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Shut off fuel supply to furnace and let furnace cool.
- Remove old glow-coil assembly.
- Verify that new glow-coil assembly is suitable replacement.
- Mount and position glow-coil assembly and make electrical connections according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect power and ensure that voltage is correct.
- Turn on fuel supply, light pilot and test glow-coil assembly operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.