HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install door switch (panel switch)
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Door switch must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Door switch must shut off electrical power to furnace control system if door is removed. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of door switch required and location.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Shut off fuel supply to furnace and let furnace cool.
- Remove old switch.
- Verify that new switch is suitable replacement.
- Install new switch and connect according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect power and verify that specified voltage is available.
- Test operation of switch and adjust if necessary.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.