HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install thermocouple or thermopile
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Thermocouple or thermopile must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Hot-junction element must be securely mounted and correctly positioned relative to pilot flame. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Device must generate millivolts required to power fuel safety valve. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of device and millivolt generation required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Shut off fuel supply to furnace and let furnace cool.
- Remove old device.
- Verify that new device is suitable replacement.
- Mount and position new device and make electrical connections according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect power and fuel and light furnace.
- Measure millivolts generated and compare to specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.