HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install stack-switch safety control
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Stack-switch safety control must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Stack-switch must be securely mounted in flue pipe, connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Switch must shut off fuel supply to furnace if burner fails to light. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of switch, voltage and time delay required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power, shut off fuel and allow furnace to cool.
- Remove old switch.
- Verify that new switch is suitable replacement.
- Install new switch and connect according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect power and verify that specified voltage is available.
- Turn on fuel, fire furnace and test switch operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.