HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install flame-sensing electronic sensing device
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Flame-sensing electronic sensing device must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Device must shut off fuel supply if burner fails to light. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of device required and electrical requirements.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power, shut off fuel and allow furnace to cool.
- Remove existing device.
- Verify that new device is suitable replacement.
- Mount and position new device and connect according to specifications.
- Reconnect electrical power and verify that voltage is correct.
- Turn on fuel supply, fire furnace and test for correct operation.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.