HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install spark-ignition pilot lighter
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Spark-ignition pilot lighter must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Lighter must be securely mounted and correctly positioned relative to pilot burner. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Device must light pilot burner upon signal from control system. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of pilot lighter and voltage required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Shut off fuel supply to furnace and let furnace cool.
- Remove old lighter.
- Verify that new lighter is suitable replacement.
- Mount and position new lighter and make electrical connections according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Reconnect power and verify that specified voltage is available to system.
- Turn on fuel, fire furnace and check operation of the system.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.