HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install primary control unit
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Primary control unit must be installed according to manufacturer’s specifications. Electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Primary control must provide necessary operating and safety functions as specified. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of primary control needed (functions required, voltage requirements, etc.).
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power.
- Shut off fuel and let furnace cool.
- Remove old primary control unit.
- Verify that new unit is a suitable replacement.
- Mount new unit and make electrical connections according to manufacturer’s specifications and diagrams.
- Reconnect power and verify that specified voltage is available.
- Turn on fuel, fire furnace and verify that furnace functions correctly.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.