HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Check manufacturer’s wiring on equipment
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
All electrical connections must be mechanically secure. Electrical continuity must be established and wiring must be connected according to manufacturer’s specifications and diagrams. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and diagrams.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment to be checked.
- Trace wiring following manufacturer’s diagrams.
- Check all connections.
- Correct any mis-wiring, secure loose connections and repair faulty connections.
- Start equipment and verify that it is operating according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.