HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace electrostatic filter element
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Electrostatic filter element must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Element must be secured in housing, electrical connections must be mechanically secure and electrical continuity must be established. Filter must perform according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine type of element needed and electrical requirements.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate filter element to be replaced.
- Disconnect electrical power to system.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Disconnect old element from power supply and remove from housing.
- Verify that new element is suitable replacement.
- Secure new element in housing and make electrical connections.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Place equipment in operation and verify that filter unit performs satisfactorily.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.