HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Replace solid-state control board
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Solid-state control board must be replaced according to manufacturer’s specifications. Plug-in type board connections must be protected and not handled. System in which board is installed must function according to manufacturer’s specifications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine mounting requirements, type of connections, board functions, electrical requirements and dip-switch settings.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Locate board to be replaced.
- Disconnect electrical power to equipment.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Disconnect wiring harnesses, remove board retainers and remove old board.
- Verify that new board is suitable replacement.
- Plug in new board, secure according to manufacturer’s instructions and connect wiring harnesses.
- Set dip-switches according to specifications.
- Place system in operation and check performance.
- If equipment does not operate to specifications, troubleshoot and make required adjustments and repairs.
- Replace access cover(s). (Note: Disconnect power if needed for safety reasons).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.