HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Install oil-line heat tape
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Oil-line heat tape must be installed on exterior fuel lines only according to codes and manufacturer’s specifications. Heat tape must be secured to line and must not cross itself. Tape must be positioned for access to electrical outlet or power connection. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job order, manufacturer’s specifications and local codes pertaining to electrical tracing on fuel oil lines.
- Determine voltage and wattage per foot and length of tape required.
- Locate oil line to be taped and determine length of tape required.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Wrap tape on line beginning near electrical outlet or power source and following tape manufacturer’s instructions.
- Secure tape as recommended.
- Plug in tape or make hard-wired connection.
- Check tape operation upon installation, or explain how to check tape to user if applicable.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials and leave work site clean.