HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Check system operating conditions
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Critical operating conditions specified by manufacturer must be determined. Tests and measurements must be made to verify that existing conditions are within specifications during normal operation. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine critical operating conditions and where and how they are to be measured.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Verify that system is in stabilized operating condition.
- Take measurements according to manufacturer’s recommended practices and compare to stated specifications.
- Record findings.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.