HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust temperature switch
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Temperature switch must be adjusted to actuate at specified temperature. Switch must perform required control functions as specified. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine required switch settings.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Set switch.
- Remote bulb filled-system switch:
- Prepare water bath of correct temperature.
- Immerse bulb in bath and adjust switch to actuate.
- Direct mounted switch:
- Insert temperature-measuring device into system adjacent to switch.
- Start system and bring to specified temperature.
- Adjust switch to actuate.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.