HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust hot-gas bypass
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Hot-gas bypass must be adjusted according to manufacturer’s specifications for specified application. Valve must limit minimum evaporator pressure, compressor cycling or control head pressure. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine application of valve to be adjusted and manufacturer’s specified conditions to be maintained.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Remove access cover(s).
- Connect refrigeration manifold gage set and/or temperature-measuring instruments to system at locations required for application.
- Operate system under conditions that will require gas bypass and adjust valve according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Remove temperature-measuring instruments and manifold gage set.
- Replace access cover(s).
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.