HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Measure CFM air-flow in duct
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Air-flow in duct must be measured by averaging traverse measurements as recommended in recognized publications for size, shape and type of duct. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications and job specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Select desired measuring instrument.
- Prepare duct openings for probe insertion.
- Take air-velocity measurements and calculate average velocity.
- Determine duct size and calculate area.
- Calculate CFM air-flow.
- Record measurements and calculations.
- Reseal duct openings.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.