HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
TASK: Assist with Estimating Job Costs
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Job cost estimate must be complete and accurate. Estimate must include cost of all equipment, materials and supplies and must contain an accurate assessment of labor costs.
- Review specifications.
- Make on-site inspection.
- Estimate labor hours and related costs required to complete job.
- Estimate cost of job materials.
- Major materials (tubing, valves, fittings, concrete, sheet metal, duct, registers, etc.)
- Miscellaneous materials and supplies (solder, flux, welding supplies, drill bits, fasteners, gloves, cleaning materials, etc.)
- Estimate cost of equipment (air handlers, furnace, condensers, etc.)
- Compile information (overhead, sales tax, freight costs, equipment availability, contingencies and profit as applicable).