HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Measure pressure drop across coil or filter using manometer and probes
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Air-pressure differential across coil or filter must be accurately measured using probes and manometer or static-pressure gage as recommended in recognized publications. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review manufacturer’s specifications.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Inspect equipment and determine locations for insertion of probes.
- Prepare openings for probes on either side of filter or coil.
- Ensure that system is operating at rated air-flow.
- Insert probes and read differential pressure across coil or filter.
- Record measurements.
- Reseal duct openings.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.