HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Measure air-flow at register
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Register air-flow must be determined using register manufacturer’s specifications for measurement and recommended equipment.
- Review register manufacturer’s specifications.
- Determine instrument and type of probe required, register flow factor and register effective area.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials needed.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that system is operating, that dampers are open and that filters are clean.
- Take velocity measurements according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Calculate register air-flow using manufacturer’s specified method. (Note: Air-flow hood may be used for direct CFM reading in lieu of measurements and calculations in Step 5).
- Document calculations and register location.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.