HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust fresh-air intake
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Fresh-air intake must provide specified flow of ventilation air to spaces being conditioned. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Determine required ventilation air-flow.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that equipment is operating at rated capacity.
- Select velocity-measuring device and prepare opening for probe insertion.
- Insert probe, measure air-flow in duct and adjust damper to provide specified flow; remove probe.
- Seal hole in duct.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.