HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust bypass damper
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Damper must provide specified bypass air-flow. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Determine required bypass air-flow.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that equipment is operating at rated capacity.
- Select velocity-measuring device and prepare opening for probe insertion.
- Measure air-flow in bypass duct and regulate damper to desired setting.
- Seal hole in duct.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.