HVAC Procedure and Performance Guide
Adjust relief damper
STANDARD OF PERFORMANCE
Relief damper must limit over-pressure in the system within specified limits. Applicable safety procedures must be followed.
- Review job specifications.
- Determine applicable over-pressure in system.
- Collect tools, equipment and materials.
- Put on safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Verify that equipment is operating at rated capacity.
- Measure static pressure in duct or space and adjust relief damper to bring measurement within specifications.
- Seal measurement openings.
- Leave equipment in required operating status.
- Remove safety and protective equipment and apparel.
- Gather tools, equipment and leftover materials, and leave work site clean.